A madcap musical adventure for everyone aged 6+
By Daniel Padden, co-produced with Catherine Wheels and Red Bridge Arts
- 'An impressive feat of perfect musical and comic timing' FOUR STARS
- 'WhirlyGig has the atmospheric charm of a film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and the craziness of Monty Python. Part circus, part concert, it is a wonderfully original piece of children’s musical theatre' FOUR STARS
- 'a wonderfully original piece of children’s musical theatre' FOUR STARS
- 'WhirlyGig’s topsy-turvy vibrancy and playfulness with melody has the potential to capture young creative minds, and to rejuvenate a passion for a pure form of cobbled together music for anyone.' FOUR STARS
- 'an exuberant hour of mischief and music.' FOUR STARS
- 'wonderfully original piece of children’s musical theatre.' FOUR STARS
- 'Fifty minutes of pure entertainment' FOUR STARS
Bouquets & Brickbats
- 'an aural and visual treat for families.' FOUR STARS
- 'Celebrates the joyful challenge of creativity and ensemble.' FOUR STARS
- Family fun in the heart of Aberdeen for True North Festival
- Whirly Gig spins into the Volunteer Hall
- Daniel Padden: 'I was interested in what happens when musicians are given absurd challenges they're not used to dealing with'
If you have seen this production and wish to leave your own audience feedback, please click here.