Original play created by Andy Manley, Gill Robertson & Robert Alan Evans
- 'it transcends generational gaps '
Sophie Kindreich, The Herald
- 'perfect performance, perfect direction and ultimately perfect storytelling.'
John Roberts, The Public Reviews
- acutely perceptive and quietly devastating
Laurel Graeber, New York Times
- "utterly gripping"
Joyce McMillan, The Scotsman
- 'It is as if Manley is a shaman, enchanting his acolytes with magical words...'
Mark Fisher, SCOTTISHTheatre
- 'theatre to be enjoyed across the generations'
Anna Millar, The Arts Journal
- 'splendid storytelling'
Brian G Cooper, The Stage
- 'no matter what age you are, it’s emotional, uplifting and completely unforgettable'
Yasmin Sulaiman, Fest Magazine
- 'This show is a masterpiece for children and adults alike'
Heather Doughty, BroadwayBaby
- 'a beautifully recounted tale, told with rhythm and pace, poetry and passion'
Alison Grieve, EdFestMag.com
- 'The very model of audience-capturing storytelling, this is a well-written and excitingly performed tale'
Gerald Berkowitz, London Theatre Review
The teachers of P5, P6 and P7 were very impressed with the performance. The actor was extremely skilled and engaging. The children could not take their eyes off him! It generated lots of interesting discussion back in the classroom. We would wholeheatedly recommend this performance to other schools.Alyson Wier, Head Teacher, Tweedbank Primary
Three mums and our three sons saw this show today at the Sydney Opera House and we all loved it - thought it was brilliant. We went into the show on a cloudy rainy day and emerged into bright sunshine - literally and figuratively. Thank you for laughter, joy and some tears, insight, poetry and passion. We didn't even really mind having to sit on the floor... :-)Cathy Robinson
Absolutely brilliant! A very funny and fast paced show yet so touching and real.Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2012 Audience
Absolutely brilliant. Great performance. Wonderful storytelling. Very memorable. What a treat!Edinburgh Fringe Audience 2012
Brilliant – I was totally engrossed. Great storytelling and acting. Loved the different layout – kids hadn’t experiences anything like that. Thanks.Scottish Schools Tour 2012
Lovely story, superbly presented. Such a refreshing form of theatre. There needs to be more storytelling in our culture.Scottish Tour 2012
If you have seen this production and wish to leave your own audience feedback, please click here.