The Story of the Little Gentleman
Based on the book by Barbro Lindgren
- Perfection… a truly charming piece of theatre.
The List (Five stars)
- It’s clear that she [Gill Robertson] knows her audience very well indeed.
The Metro (Five stars)
- Told with visual flair, Gill Robertson’s adaptation of the Barbro Lindgren story is funny and moving, elemental and true, everything you could wish for in a piece of theatre.
Mark Fisher, The Guardian (Four stars)
- Funny and charming and quietly wise.
Mary Brennan, The Herald (Four stars)
- Full of energy… truly impressive… expert direction.
Paul Cockburn, BroadwayBaby (Four stars)
- This fun filled affirming production manages to show the perils of careless love while giving the positive message of the wider pleasures of sharing friendships. Clever stuff indeed!
Irene Brown, EdinburghGuide (Four stars)
- A thoroughly well-observed piece.
Dan Bye, Sunday Herald (Four stars)
- An immaculate central performance… and faultless direction.
Joyce MacMillan, The Scotsman (Four stars)
- If only more work for adults was so universally accomplished
Mark Brown, Scotland on Sunday
Great to have live theatre here in the school which was thought provoking and beautiful to watch. It appealed to all of our children including those with additional needs and kept them enthralled for the entire performance.Amanda Burton, Stockbridge Primary, Edinburgh
the best thing I’ve ever seen!Audience member (age 5), Ullapool 2016
A brilliant piece of writing and performance that focused the attention of the children and gave them much to talk about afterwardsDuncan MacInness, SEALL, Isle of Skye
Just had classes back from Little Gentleman performance – resounding triumph. Response from ALL kids and staff most positive I’ve ever seen! Head Teacher, Aberdeen Primary
Amazing!! Kids were entranced!!Head teacher, Kirkcaldy
Heartwarming, delightful and thought provoking piece of drama with just the right amount of humour and serious elements for my P2 class.Heather McManus, Class Teacher, Edenside Primary (Kelso)
The story was a powerful one. It grabbed the children’s attention from the outset and held it throughout. Pupils understood and could relate to the message it sent out and were eager to talk about it once back in class, linking it to their own experiences. The story was beautifully performed and was efficiently run by the companyJulie Conlan, Principal Teacher, St Mun's PS (Dunoon)
I absolutely loved it!! It was wonderful to see the children enjoying it as much as myself. This is perfect for 5 year olds up to 105!Ms Brewer, Milton Primary School, Highland
We are always extremely excited when Catherine Wheels theatre comes to our school. We always get a professional performance loved by our children and staff. We are so lucky that our pupils can experience live expressive theatre and they always respond and react enthusiastically. Thank you !Shona Turnbull, Duns Primary, Scottish Borders
Our pupils loved your show and were totally engaged. Wonderful performance which got a very important message across to them about friendship through the power of mime. 10 out of 10!Teacher, North Berwick
Loved watching our children become emotionally involved in this story today. Empathy brought out by the excellent acting. Have seen 4 productions by this company all different unusual and get children and staff thinking and expressing feelings. Thank you Catherine Wheels.Teacher, Roseburn Primary Edinburgh
If you have seen this production and wish to leave your own audience feedback, please click here.